Tuesday, June 3, 2014

DIY: Large Heart Stencil

I am slowly trying to get Miss Lucy's "Big Girl" room decorated...very slowly as it turns out.. ;) ha! Life with two kids is so different! But we are loving it! Anyways, this was such a simple and fun project. If you know me (or are probably starting to see..) I love accent walls! They are (usually) easy and leave a big impression.
For this project I just cut a large heart out of cardboard, traced it all over the wall, then filled it in with paint. Pretty simple! :)

BEFORE:
If you look closely you will see that I snapped a chalk line directly down the middle of the wall. This helped me line up my hearts--I started in the center and worked my way out. You could draw a line for each row if you want to be really careful. 


Sorry for the blurry picture, its hard to work and take pictures! :) I simply placed the heart on the wall and traced around it, I used a pencil but would actually recommend chalk so that you don't see any lines after painting. 

I used my pencil as a guide for even spacing since I didn't want to pull out a tape measure every time...

The pencil lines are hard to see, but you can see my first row of hearts centered on the chalk line and then I went out from there. 


Once I had stenciled the whole wall I went back and filled in the hearts with paint! 


Ta-da!!

I added a few random gold hearts for an accent color :) 


 Lucy loves it! Hahaha! her fake smile and "cheeeeeeese"  :) 
....and yes, she broke BOTH arms...!!!






Now to refinish a dresser and add some photos to the wall!! It never really ends, right?? :)


1 comment: