Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Chalkboard Paint Week! : Easy Menu Board


I know...long title for a post..sorry about that! :) I thought it would be fun to do multiple post this week all dedicated to chalkboard paint and the fun things you can do with it! Its super easy, affordable, and the possibilities are endless! I'll give you a few ideas :) 

First things firsts: Chalkboard paint. I just use the ol' regular black paint. I LOVE the look! I guess I like my chalkboard projects to look like a chalkboard :) There are tons of recipes where you can make your own chalkboard paint and tint it whatever color you want. I have not tried these yet but go ahead! :) This is the paint I use :
Rust-Oleum Specialty 30-oz. Specialty Flat Chalkboard Paint 
You can find it at Home Depot for just over $9..and it last FOREVER!! I have used my ONE can for all the projects I will be showing you this week, and I still have tons left! So I would recommend getting this verse the spray cans, they don't last nearly as long and are about the same price. 

Check out my first project, a chalkboard table for kids!

Project 2: Easy Menu Board:

This project was SUPER easy!! And I love having a menu board to help me stay organized with meals. For this project I found a large picture frame at the DI (thrift store) and simply painted it!!


Beautiful before picture right? :)
I got this for just a few dollars!

I took the picture out of the frame, and then painted the frame itself. Next I simply painted the back of the picture with Chalkboard paint! Sand it down quickly first, just to make sure it is all smooth. Then paint! I paint with a foam brush and usually do 2 coats, letting it dry in between. Once again....after you have painted the chalkboard, you need to let is sit for a few days without touching it! Then you will want to "condition" the chalkboard. Simply rub chalk all over the chalkboard then wipe clean with a dry rag. You are done with another easy chalkboard project! :) 


Now I just need to work on my chalkboard penmanship..   :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment