Saturday, November 17, 2012

DIY Roman Shades

I LOVE Roman Shades!! I believe they add so much more character to a room than just ordinary blinds :) However, they can be pricey. Would you believe it if I told you I made mine for about $8!!!! And NO SEWING!!! ha!


I made these curtains for our Kitchen, they turned out so well I just had to share! I made them using cheap blinds from Walmart as the base or skeleton of the curtains--I got mine for $4. Each curtain used one yard of fabric--which I bought at Hobby Lobby using a 40% off coupon! :) 
I found 2 different tutorials via Pinterest that were super helpful! You can see them for full details HERE and HERE, they both have really good details and pictures and since I did not take pictures during the process of making mine I will refer you to theirs :) One main tip that I learned is I would only use Fabric Glue. Both of these blogs use fabric glue and a hot glue gun. I found the fabric glue to dry a lot smoother, where the hot glue dried hard and clumpy and you could kind of see it through the fabric.
Let me know if you have any questions! Have fun! :) 

3 comments:

  1. Sara, i love your style! You are very talented! I'm so jealous of your beautiful home! It looks like it is a lot of fun to decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wanna help me make some!!!!?????? love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to help you Michelle! Craft party?! :)

    ReplyDelete