Tuesday, August 7, 2012

We Have a Yard!


We Have a Yard!

We have been working like crazy this last week and a half getting our yard ready for sod. Chad and I have never been so tired! :) Our bodies are no longer used to such labor; digging a hundred holes, building our patio which consisted of about 1000 pounds of gravel and over 2000 pounds of bricks, putting our trampoline in the ground..more digging, gravel, and bricks; and just getting our yard smoothed out and finishing sprinklers (more digging). But it is done!!! 
Here are just some quick pictures I took just now, I'll do some more detailed posting later. We still need to clean up our yard more so everything is just a mess, please forgive :)

Chad had fun digging the hole for our trampoline:





Starting on the Patio: This picture was taken right after the trailer tipped, dumping 2,000 pounds
of bricks where Chad was standing.....my heart gave out! I was so sure he was going to be at the bottom... Thankfully Chad was super fast and rolled out of the way without getting hurt!

 The sod is down! We are so grateful for our friends and family that came to help!

We need to finish racking the gravel on the side, but our trailer will park there.





We Love looking at something besides dirt :)

Here are just a few pictures of the inside, for those who don't follow me one Facebook or Instagram and haven't seen them. Sorry I don't have more yet, our house is a disaster :) I never thought that it would be so stressful.......The hardest thing were are dealing with is couches, we haven't seemed to find anything we like. We have literally bought and returned (or resold if from KSL) 3 couches just in the last week.....its getting frustrating. Ahhh.....I'm trying to take a break from it for a bit and focus on the rest of the house, we'll see if I can ;)

Chandelier we put in our dining room

Mirror I got 50% off at Hobby Lobby! To go on our staircase.

We did get a recliner, Lucy has already claimed it ;)

Large picture frames for the family room, I'm painting them now though :)

Pendant light above sink. This looks so cool at night! Like a glowing globe :)
I got if for $6 at Restore!

Our pot rack out of an iron wall art piece! Detailed posting on this soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment